Friday, December 26, 2008

New Life Resolution

As the new year approaches, many people will begin to start thinking of their New Year Resolutions. This is such a meaningless tradition. So many times people think of the things in their life that need changed, that they desperately want changed and they resolve to change them on the first day of the new year! Why wait? Is waiting going to make it easier to accomplish? Is waiting going to give you the strength, courage, resolve to follow through? Of course not. If you want to make changes to your life, don't wait and make a New Year Resolution, start now, today, and make a New Life Resolution! That is what I have chosen to do. For so many years, I have complained about my weight and the health of my body. I have made New Year Resolutions to lose weight and to get healthy. It never lasts. I may make a temporary change and eat healthy for a few days, even weeks, but eventually I get caught up in my old habits and go back to my "normal way of life". The flipping of a calendar page is not going to magically make things easier to complete or change. It actually might even make a lasting change harder to accomplish...because you have a built in excuse for failure..no one keeps their New Year Resolutions! Everyone knows that and it is an acceptable practice to fail or quit.

I'm tired of my failures being acceptable. I don't want a New Year change that will last a few days or weeks. I want a lifestyle change that will last forever. I've accepted that a Life Change is not something that I can easily do on my own. I have tried so many times that I have lost count and I have failed each and every time. Life change is hard, it takes work and for me it takes God leading me. This is where I have failed in the past. I have tried it on my own. I have tried to change with "me" in control and I think we all know that is never a good thing. I'm not saying that everyone has to put God first in order to lose weight and get healthy, but for me that is true.

Over the next few months I am going to be describing the new journey that I am going to be on with God. I'll keep you updated on my successes and failures and what I am learning from the process of living my New Life Resolution!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Carrie, I hope I'm able to have the same resolve as you! I like the the idea of a "New Life Resolution".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, way to go girl. Will be right there with you all the way. We can keep one another accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing....I have felt deep down that I was the ONLY one who couldn't do it on their own. I was always wondering, "what's wrong with me?"...together, we all, can do it!! We can hold each other up when we slip...thank Carrie. I love you!

    ReplyDelete